Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The First Day of School

I was so excited about this morning that I could not sleep... After retiring early to get a good night's sleep, I watched the clock until about 2AM and then started again at 4:30 AM. Ugh. I hope tonight will be better. The groups today were terrific! It's always a challenge to try and learn new names and help kids get from one classroom to another. And this year I have the added challenge of several hearing-impaired students who require me to wear a microphone which amplifies my voice through a speaker system. It was a little disconcerting. And then there was the iPad issue... our new Science X course was advertised as providing students with iPads to use in the classroom. Now this is not a one-to-one device program like our neighboring district Minnetonka has had for two years, but rather a cart system where the X classes share carts of iPads that students in the course use during their class period. But as is often the case with technology, we did not have the iPads to use today. We were told to plan to use them from Day 1 and hit the ground running with them. Nope, didn't happen today. So we adjusted the plan for the day and hope to have them ready to go in two days. But all in all, it was a good day, and the adventure of another school year has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment