Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Snow Day



My phone buzzed at 5:30 AM, after my husband was already up and readying himself for work.  Eastern Carver County Schools closed for the day due to weather conditions.  So the snow day dance the kids were doing at school yesterday worked!

But after sleeping in, I got up and worked most of the day, taking care of the grading that I haven't been able to get to during the busy school days in the past few weeks.  Is this what working from home would be like?  Still, it was good to be home, stoking the fire and listening to a little TV in the background.

Eventually I pulled on the long undies and pulled the cord on the snow blower my dad gave me years ago.  it worked a treat and made short work of the driveway that had at least a foot of show covering it.

What a gift of a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment