Monday, April 1, 2013

A Fun Web 2.0 Tool

My Science X class is required to two two current event reports each trimester.  My colleagues and I really tried to make sure that these were meaningful exercises that kept kids' eyes open to the science around them. conscious of science-related stories in the news.  Students not only have to find and summarize a news article or report, but they have to make and articulate a personal connection with the story, including an opinion about the story as well.  We hoped that our students would find creative ways to present the current event that were not the typical typewritten paragraph.  

My students have been reluctant to do anything but the printed version, so I created the video below on the xtranormal site - a free resource:

 

Science X Current Event 2
by: mjonairn

No comments:

Post a Comment